Better known as “semi-custom” covers, Styled-to-Fit boat covers are our best selling, most popular category of covers and for good reason. Value. Our Styled-to-Fit boat covers are designed to accommodate all popular hull styles and boat configurations. For example, a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout boat cover will fit a 21-foot V-Hull Runabout Sea Ray, Bayliner, Four Winns, Stingray, etc. The cover is not “custom” to the specific boat, but a highly fitted cover designed to accommodate the primary characteristics of the boat style. Our Styled-to-Fit boat covers are great for travel*, mooring and storage, and feature: 1/4″ strong & durable shock cord encased into hem for a snug fit. Motor covers are sewn into outboard model boat covers. Some designs come with a separate motor cover.
Styled-to-Fit Boat Covers are great for:
* Trailerable boat covers must be properly installed and tied down. Visit our Boat Covers Accessories page for important accessories to keep your cover performing its best.
- 1/4″ strong & durable shock cord encased into hem for a snug fit
- Cover accommodates windshield height up to 22”
- If you have any accessories mounted on your boat that are not outlined in the title or description of the boat cover then we ask that you contact our Boat Cover Specialists. Please do not assume your accessory is accommodated for in the fit of the boat cover. Please click here to read this PDF with more details.
Boat Cover Fabric
7 oz. Sun-DURA® has excellent quality! 100% Solution-Dyed marine grade polyester. 7 oz., strong and durable. UV and mildew resistant. Superior resistance to fading. Exceptional water repellency. Breathable to help allow interior moisture to escape. Made in USA and Imported. (7 Year Limited Warranty)
Free Accessories from Boatersoutlet.com!
Boat cover purchase comes with a FREE Tie Down Kit & Storage Bag! (Each kit contains (12) twelve 8' straps and a roomy 30" x 30" mesh bag to accommodate virtually any size boat cover).
Using Your Cover For The First Time
Please take extra care when trying your boat cover on for the first time! Should you need to return the boat cover, it MUST be in its original, new condition. The cover must be clean and free of debris (including pet hair). Soiled, wet, mildewed, torn or otherwise mishandled covers cannot be accepted for exchange or credit. Click Here to download a PDF with important information and instructions on how handle your boat cover.
Is It Waterproof?
Carver Industries offers only breathable fabrics for the well-being of your boat and its interior. Don’t be fooled. Waterproof materials do not allow interior moisture to escape which promotes the growth of mold and mildew under the boat cover causing potential damage to your seating, flooring and instrumentation. Carver boat cover fabrics are treated with the latest technologies in water repellency in a range of Superior to Good, to keep your boat healthy and happy. Not sure? Contact us to request free swatches!
10 Tips for Care and Maintenance
- Avoid letting water, snow or other materials like leaves and sticks stand on the boat cover.
- Use support poles, straps, or bows to prevent water from pooling on the boat cover.
- Always tie boat cover down securely.
- When trailering, use heavy-duty tie down straps.
- Avoid using bungee cords that can stretch possibly causing damage to the cover and your boat’s finish.
- Take the precaution of padding windshield, trolling motors, depth finders, etc. before installing boat cover to avoid accidental tearing.
- To keep your boat cover looking its best, regularly brush off any loose dirt with a soft brush and rinse with lukewarm water.
- To clean, a solution of lukewarm water and mild natural soap such as Ivory™ may be used. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry. The use of detergent is not recommended as it may diminish the water repellent finish on certain fabrics and invite the growth of mildew. We also recommend the use of 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner to safely remove dirt and difficult stains.
- Regular exposure and cleaning can diminish the water repellency of certain boat cover fabrics over time. The water repellent finish used on most boat cover fabrics allows water to bead and run off similar to that of a waxed car. When water beading diminishes, we recommend the use of 303 High Tech Fabric Guard after a thorough cleaning to restore the water repellency of your cover.
- Allow boat cover to dry thoroughly before folding for storage.